I’ll never be over the fact that a book, although non-canonical, exists, that featured:
- Troy calling Ryan an “awesome dancer”.
- Troy promising to keep Sharpay off of Ryan’s back, and winking at Ryan.
- Troy telling Ryan that he’s “part of the team”, and patting Ryan on the shoulder before rushing to his next class and leaving Ryan standing in the hallway, “dazed”, by the thought that he’s part of Troy’s team.
- Troy and Ryan walking into the auditorium together.
- Ryan passionately defending Troy when Troy’s teammates and friends begin harping on Troy and accusing him of taking the fun out of the battle of the bands.
- Troy and Ryan coming up with a name for Troy and his friends’ band.
- Ryan finding the will to stand up to his sister, because Troy “noticed” his talents.
- Ryan just about bursting with pride during Troy’s band’s performance.
- Troy thanking Ryan for his hard work, stating that none of this could have happened without him.
- And, Troy asking Ryan out for pizza, and Ryan shyly and hopefully deciding to go with him.
And, it was published under Disney's name.
Sometimes, I sit there and ruminate over the fact that this was actually written in a book officially published under Disney’s name:
Ryan looked at Troy with relief. “Thanks,” he said. “You really saved me.”
"No problem." Troy gave him a light punch on the shoulder. "You’re kind of… well, part of the team now. And teammates always have each other’s back, right? Catch you later."
He headed off for class. Ryan looked after him, stunned. He… was part of the team? He walked down the hall, dazed.
Sweetie- Troy & Ryan
At long last, here is a new Tryan video!
It’s been too long.
I feel that this song, as bubblegum pop-y as it is, accurately describes Ryan’s point of view on his relationship with Troy- he’ll do whatever he can to make Troy happy, and to demonstrate that he’s there for him.
Oh, and please watch this in HD. The quality looks abysmal otherwise.
When Troy and Gabriella show up for their callback audition, Sharpay walks to center stage to gaze adoringly out at the house, which is filling up with an audience of their peers.
Look at what- or rather, who- Ryan is staring at when he makes his way over.
You’re easier to dance with than she is.
In all seriousness, folks, if someone doesn’t cast Lucas Grabeel and Zac Efron as lovers in a movie,
they are seriously missing out on a golden opportunity.
Troy leans into Ryan and desperately says, “You’re easier to dance with than she is.”
Sharpay pushes her way between the boys, testily declaring, “Okay, my turn!”
Sharpay had to have known something was going on. She had to have sensed the sexual tension between Troy and Ryan, otherwise, why would she have said that?
And, the way Troy and Ryan maintain that intense eye-contact…!
And, how Ryan reaches for Troy…!
Just… Just…! Why?!
Tryan: Forever & Always- This is lovingly dedicated to my fellow Troy/Ryan fans, and the people who insist that there is nothing between these characters.
Four minutes worth of footage is certainly a whole lot of “nothing”, huh?